Yerevan is the capital of Republic of Armenia. It is one of the oldest cities of the world. Here are presented the heritage of historical and cultural values of centuries. There are many museums, monuments, churches in Yerevan which witness about the spiritual, cultural and scientific level of the city. Yerevan, as an active entrepreneurial and investment stable and safe city, is attractive for historic-cultural tourism. The city has a great potential as it can suggest a wide range of high quality tourism product and service in an international tourism market. Future touristic development in Yerevan requires highly qualified workforce, huge investments, high-quality infrastructure and services, more modern reasearch methods and technologies.
In the field of tourism the main aim of public policy is to create such system, which will satisfy the demands of the travellers (tourists), increase the contribution of tourism within the frames of national income, will promote the international relations, will stimulate disparities of regional development of living standards. For the implementation of above-mentioned issues, we should promote increasing number of incoming and outgoing tourists and at the same time to increase tourism revenues received from the tourism field by offering more high value of tourism product.
Yerevan will participate in international tourism exhibitions which is very important as it will enhance and ensure the sustainable development of tourism in foreign markets.
Unit of tourism development programs of Yerevan Municipality organizes and provides development projects and activities plans of tourism in Yerevan (Yerevan City Tour, aesthetic and colorful lighting of monuments and historic-cultural buildings of Yerevan and the installation of appropriate signs with QR Codes (Quick Response)). These all include the structural investment and environmental projects which improve the suggestions and projects.
"YEREVAN CITY TOUR"
Yerevan Municipality has worked out a route program "Yerevan City tour" which is the only one in this region. The main objective of this program is to get acquainted the tourists and guest of the city with the historical and cultural monuments and cultural sights.
The start was given within the frames of the events provided in the approach to the 20th anniversary of Independence of the Republic of Armenia.
One will have a great opportunity by multilingual system to listen interesting comments about history, culture, architecture, nature, urban beauty and other cultural values of our warm and sunny city.
Yerevan City Tour is an official city tour of Yerevan, organized by Yerevan Municipality.
• Yerevan City Tour is a free and easy city tour that has 8 stops which cover many city attractions. All buses are equipped with audio-system with six (6) different languages to choose from and a friendly customer service officer who will assist you on the bus.
• The interval between buses is around 2 hours /can be changed due to traffic jam/
• The start and end stops is the France Square in Yerevan
• Tickets can be purchased in the bus at the first period
• All the stops have beautiful signs with Yerevan City Tour logo
• Yerevan City Tour ticket is valid 4 hours
• Children below seven (7) years old and disabled do not have to pay any fees
• A child below the age of twelve (12) years old must be accompanied by an adult
(1) Stop-station "Square of France" the crossroads of Sayat-Nova street and Mashtots avenue /OPERA HOUSE/
(2) Stop- station "Charents house-museum"
Haghtanak /Victory/ bridge
Square of Brazil
Haghtanak /Victory/ bridge
Argishti street /Square of Russia/
Grigor Lusavorich street
(3) Stop- station “Circus”
Komitas city central Pantheon
(4) Stop-station “Dolphinarium”
Garegin Nzhdeh bridge
(5) Stop-station “ Erebuni Historical and Archeological Museum”
(6) Stop –station “David of Sassoon”
Tigran Mets /Tigran The Great/ Avenue
Republic /Hanrapetutyan/ Square
(7) Stop –station “Republic Square”
Tigran Mets / Tigran The Great/ Avenue
Freedom /Azatutyan / Avenue-Babayan street
(8) Stop –station “Haghtanak “/Victory park/
END of the tour – Square of France
For more information about the official City tour of Yerevan please contact Unit of tourism development Programs of Yerevan Municipality.
Address: 1 Argishti, Yerevan
Tel.: +(374 10) 51-42-30