The area of this park used to be an old cemetery by the 1930s. The locals used to call it "Mler". A segment of the old lame-sand wall of the cemetery has been kept up today. In the 1930s, by the decision of the City Council of Yerevan the cemetery was closed. A park was founded in the desolate area. By the initiative of Aghasi Khanjyan a corner of the new-created park was turned into the cemetery for workers of literature and art. For years the area of the Pantheon was uncared. Only in 1969 under the sponsorship of Stepan and Ruzan Kyurkchyan, the North wall and the Middle wall were built of tufa and decorated with sculptures. Later only partial repairing was carried out there. The Pantheon was overhauled in 2005.
The park is situated in Malatia Sebastia district. In 1999 it was named after the first leader of the community Vahan Zatikyan. The park includes the middle part of Svachyan and Raffi streets. The sculpture of the Captain Andranik is placed here, the sculpture called "Hoah's Arl on Mount Ararat" and other statues are placed here.
This park is the largest one. The formation and improvement of the park lasted from the 60s of the 19th century till the years before the World War I. On July 1 1895, for 12-year-term contract was given to Levon Baglnchyan who was oblighed to complete the reconstruction of the garden within three years, but the he didn't meet his engagement. The park was decorated and improved only after Is. Melik-Aghamalyan’s becoming Mayor of Yerevan. The improvement activities went on during the years of Malik-Aghamalyants’s office. Because of the reconstruction the park was closed for 10 years. It was opened on October 3, 1910.
The park was founded in March 1933 on the place of the old market. It was named after Kirov. It was one of the favourite places for young residents of Yerevan. Here were held different actions, brass band used to play, marry songs and dances took place, beautiful merry-go-rounds were working.
In the 30th instead of the present park there used to be a desolated area. It was planted with trees in the 30-40s during the Lenin’s clean-ups. After the USSR's victory in the Great Patriotic War, on the event of Victory's Day the memorial complex "Haghtanak" was built. In 1950, under the supervision of the Culture division of the executive committee of the City Council of Yerevan the culture and recreation zone was created around the memorial complex. In the same year the monument to Stalin was erected in the park which remained there until 1962. In 1962, the monument to Mother Armenia was erected on the same pedestal. The grave of the Unknown Soldier, “No war” sculpture, the monument to border-guards, the Alley of Heroes, lake "Arevik", various attractions and merry-go-rounds are situated in "Haghtanak" park.
In the 18th century a garden was located here which used to be in one of the suburbs of Yerevan, in Kozern and was called Kozern garden. The garden go new look in the Soviet period. In 1949 it was named after Pushkin. There used to be a number of carousels in the garden, benches were placed in the alleys. In 1970 the garden was caked Barekamutyan and in 1995 it was named Lovers’ park. In the recent years the park was uncared and badly arranged. It was improved and reconstructed by the initiative of Albert Poghosyan.
In 1935, by the initiative of the Science Academy of Armenia in the north of Yerevan on the area of 105 ha was founded the Yerevan Botanical Garden. In 1954 the part called “Flora and Fauna of Armenia” was created in the garden which included about 1000 names of plants. In 60-70s the garden included about 5000 plants. In the recent 10-15 years nearly half of the species disappeared, particularly tropical plants.
The Zoological garden of Yerevan was founded on November 24, 1940 by the offer and initiative of professor Artavazd Sarkisov. Even during the war the garden with its some tens of animals was preserved. Today there are about 2300 animals of 210 species.
The idea of creating children’s railway in Yerevan belonged to the first secretary of the Central Committee of the Armenian communist Party Aghasi Khanjyan. In the state plan of the Arm SSR included the construction of the children’s railway provided for the annual program for 1936. On April 22 1936 during the All-Union clean-up Aghasi Khanjyan put the fundamental stone in the city garden after Abovyan. On this stone “Paros” station was built. Later it was renamed “Hayrenik”. It was planned that the children’s railway was put into operation on November 7 1937, on the day of October Revolution.
It is located between A. Isahakyan and Koryun streets. The parks stretches from Koryun street along the building of Drama Theater after H. Ghaplanyan reaching the beloved places of Yerevan townspeople café “Aragast” and the recreation zone.
Beginning from the area opposite “Airarat” cinema where St Gregory the Illuminator church is located, the park is lined with Khanjyan and Ye.Kochar street and stretches till Moskovyan and Isahakyan streets. A number of statues of prominent people are situated in the park.
This park is adjacent to Mashtots avenue and St. Zorya street, near France square. The marble statue of Martiros Saryan is erected in the center of the park (sculptor L. Tolmajyan, architect A. Tarkhanyan, 1986).
This park is in the lower part of the “Cascade” designed by Al. Tamanyan. The statue of Al. Tamanyan is placed in the park after Tamanyan, in Moskovyan street, in the direction of the central part of the city (sculptor Artashes Hovsepyan, architect S. Petrosyan, 1931) The small public garden stretched from the statue towards “Cascade” complex was named after the great architect, academician Al. Tamanyan.
The park is located in the first quarter of Nor Nor district in F. Nansen street. The park begins in the area adjacent to the statue of Guy. At the entrance to the park, on the high pedestal the statue of Guy (Hayk Bzhshkyants) is placed. In the park after Nansen one can see the sculptures called "My heart is in the Highlands", "Byron", "F. Verfel", "Jhangir agha" placed here in the recent years.
On November 30, 2012 in the area adjacent to the junction of Halabyan and Margaryan streets in Achapnyak district a well-arranged and comfortable recreation zone was opened. Overhauling of the water basin with the surface of about 3000 sq m was carried out in this recreation zone total area of which is 1.7 hectares. In each semicircle a newly-created fountain was put into operation.
Besides, there are three open and one closed bower-pavilions, three playing attractions, a separate sports-ground and decorative power posts in the new park, as well as the Internet coverage (Wi-Fi) is available.
On June 15 2012 the Children's park was opened in Erebuni district. As a result of remaining neglected for tens of years this park didn't serve to its purpose. Due to the building and improvement program of the Municipality for 2012 and the cooperation with private sector the Municipality completely reconstructed the whole park and handed it the residents. The whole are of the park (1.5 hectares) was completely improved and furnished, the systems of lighting and irrigation were renewed, the lawns were landscaped and flowered, new benches, bowers and playing attractions were installed.
This park is located in Malatia Sebastia district in the area adjacent to Zoravar Andranik street, in front of the polyclinics N 19. The park was named in 2004.The statue called "Maternity" is placed here (sculptor S. Mehrabyan, 2004).
Tatul Krpeyan park was opened in Nor Norq district on September 2, 2015. The new park located in the area adjacent to the junction of Guy avenue and Lvovyan street was built within the frames of Yerevan community programs provided for 2014. All conditions required for proper recreation organization have been provided in this park. The total area of the Park is about 5.64 hectares.
The newly-laid park was named after the national Armenian hero Tatul Krpeyan by the decision N-299 made by the Council of Elders of Yerevan on March 18, 2015.